Boisterous Bossfights | Contest Resultsgrade

Chimerabot's Avatar Chimerabot9/10/21 7:11 pm history
8 emeralds 661 5
9/10/2021 10:08 pm
SpiritTheMan's Avatar SpiritTheMan

Once the results video is finished, it'll go here: ._.

The Results Are In!

These datapacks were absolutely incredible, all across the board. I actually decided not to rank anything except the top three winners and an honorable mention, for the simple reason that all the packs were so well made that putting one in last place would be an injustice. So- even if you didn't win, know that it was close. Very close, as a matter of fact. Let's get right to the rankings.

In First Place: The ExiIed FeIIow, with his datapack Agony's Awakening. I was absolutely blown away by the sheer quality of the bossfight, the intrigue of the phases, and the bullet hell-like mechanics that made it nearly impossible to dodge some attacks. As a matter of fact, the amount of particles in this bossfight lagged out my graphics, which is just a testament to how much effort was put into this pack.

Why it won: Attacks, boss spawning mechanics, and visual appeal.

In Second Place: Command Witchery's insanely cool Steampunk Snail Boss Battle datapack. While the boss doesn't have too many attacks (or too much health), it has incredible graphical effects of which I have never seen the like before- I thought such smooth animation was the domain of plugins! Of course, besides the actual boss, the custom bossbar was certainly a nice touch. Overall, a well-balanced boss and an amazing experience.

Why it won: Super cool modeling and simplicity of use.

In Third Place: YokaiS and his P.E.T.E Robot Boss Fight pack. While the bossfight is quite simple, YokaiS has brought his signature charm in datapack creation to the table, with a hand-drawn summoning item and some neat little features for after you beat the boss. That's where this datapack's charm lies: in what you get after the bossfight, an epic pet robot named P.E.T.E. who cooks you bacon and tells you motivational phrases.

Why it won: Excellent pet mechanics (post-bossfight) and well-designed graphics.

The Honorable Mention: SpiritTheMan's datapack The Multitude was just too good to leave out. The bossfight mechanics are rather un-traditional, requiring you to kill the boss's minions and then use them to damage the main boss. Creatively made, with three whole phases to its name; this pack was just too cool to leave out.

Why it won: Unique bossfight mechanics, nifty rewards

Some More Information

The first-place winner, The ExiIed FeIIow, will recieve ten dollars of Steam credit, the Contest Winner rank on my Discord server, and a shout-out in the followup video. Second, Third, and Honorable Mention winners will also be mentioned in the video. First-Third place winners will also get unique custom trophies- coincidentally, also created by The ExiIed FeIIow (I promise, this had nothing to do with the judging!).
If you participated but didn't score onto the leaderboard, trust me, you still did well. The judging was so close that it was hard to decide who got which place, and really almost any of these datapacks could've been in the top three (for different reasons, of course). If you want to show that you were part of this contest, you can download the participation award off of the main forum page and pin it onto your profile.

Thanks for being along for the ride! More is yet to come....
Chimerabot
Level 58 : Grandmaster Theorist