JAVA vs BEDROCK

Smile17's Avatar Smile1712/9/23 9:07 am
12/31/2023 7:21 am
gavinx2031's Avatar gavinx2031
Are you playing the Java or the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft? I would like it if you leave a comment. That makes me smile. I dont know what Editon my favourite is. Please justify your decision. Have a nice day.
Smile17
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

FutureDC
12/12/2023 12:49 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Steve
I like both. But I'm very good at Skywars on Bedrock. I'm also good at godbridiging and pvping on bedrock. But Java has more adventure maps than bedrock and is more fun to me. Everything uploaded on Java is free. Bedrock has a marketplace that has content that you have to buy and a few content is free, and I don't like that.
StormWatcher
12/10/2023 4:25 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
Personally, I prefer Java, as while at first there are a lot of things to get used to (especially coming from consoles), I have found far more freedom with what can be done, especially things like datapacks (so now I wouldn't have to copy every single command if I wanted to transfer something to another world, for instance). It also feels a lot more fluid, at least to me, in its gameplay, and when I go fast, it feels like it is going to my speed.

Also, I still would prefer the 360, aka legacy console, to bedrock, and ironically, I find java feels more similar to playing the 360 compared to bedrock (I don't know how to explain it though).

Main thing in favor of bedrock is the cross-compatibility though.

I don't know if this seems like nonsensical sense or not, but I hope that explains sufficiently.
FutureDC
12/12/2023 12:51 pm
I enjoy the 360
StormWatcher
12/12/2023 3:48 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
Nice, I still do too
DinoWattz
12/10/2023 3:17 pm
Level 22 : Expert Pixel Painter Engineer
history
Bedrock is easier to use, you can install resource packs, addons, worlds, etc. by just clicking a file. You can play with people outside your local area network easily by using a Xbox account, when joining if there are resource packs in the world, the game will download it automagically.
Bedrock also updates automatically so there are less chances of having different versions and being unable to join.

Meanwhile on JE to just install a world you have to extract an archive file, investigate where a folder called "saves" might be, move what you extracted there then finally make sure you extracted it correctly otherwise it won't show up in the game, for resource packs the process is similar.
Now if you want to play with someone not in your lan, the one hosting needs to open ports on their router and share their ip address (assuming they can port forward), The resources.zip file in the world folder will be downloaded when joining if there's one,
but, there are things that can prevent you from joining for example: the host is using a different version of Minecraft, the host has mods that are required in the client and need to be installed manually, things like that.

TL;DR: Bedrock is like Windows, Java is like Linux.
gavinx2031
12/31/2023 7:21 am
Level 45 : Master Artist
history
Its not really complicated to install stuff on Java. Like yeah... You have a 1 click install on bedrock but you have to pay for most of it.

On java its quite literally just go on Modrinth, or Cursedforge. OR even planet minecraft.

Download the archive / jar file. and pop it into either your texture folder, or the mod folder.

With java you have way more control over the game, unlike bedrock.

And Java supports a wider amount of operating systems, such as Linux, and macos, and windows.

Only thing I'll give points to bedrock is its much more optimized, though thats because it isn't based off a what 20 year old codebase?

Not to mention, on certain 3rd party launchers, mainly ATLauncher and MutliMC. You can 1-click install mods / texture packs.

So in reality, if you go with a 3rd party launcher, its not all that bad.
FutureDC
12/12/2023 12:50 pm
but you can also easily drag a texture pack file to java minecraft easily
DinoWattz
12/13/2023 11:16 pm
Level 22 : Expert Pixel Painter Engineer
that's way better than finding the resource packs folder, but I don't see why this can't also be used with worlds
FutureDC
12/14/2023 12:46 pm
history
Yeah I wish they added a feature like that
ScotsMiser
12/09/2023 9:26 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
Having started (and become reasonably facile) with java, I find the differences in game mechanics in BR irritating. (The only serious advantage BR has AFAIK is stronger cross platform support — although various kluges to allow BR players to play on java are lessening that cachet.)
Coltron9000
12/10/2023 1:42 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Taco
I think you need bedrock to play cross platform, at least that's my experience. Bedrock is literally just xbox edition on PC as far as I can tell, it's too clunky playing with k/m imo
Hut
12/09/2023 8:00 pm
Level 23 : Expert Artist
they're both good but java edition is far superior because of modding easy to use resource packs and minecraft java edition has more technical features then bedrock edition minecraft java edition has custom heads that can be obtained with a single command minecraft java edition also has custom model data (which is extremely useful for mapmaking) and its easier to customize
alchemyMCYT
12/09/2023 7:42 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
both have pros and cons
i like java and i think java redstone is a lot better as well as mods and other things so I did vote for java, but bedrock edition still has a place in my heart for being the first version i ever played, and still has some cool things too
HudSolo2009
12/09/2023 7:05 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Wolf Whisperer
but both are good
HudSolo2009
12/09/2023 7:04 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Wolf Whisperer
bedrock has spawn eggs.
gavinx2031
12/09/2023 11:56 am
Level 45 : Master Artist
Java is the better version, as you have way more control over the game than in Bedrock.

Only reason to USE bedrock is if you're on non windows / Linux / MacOS systems.
GoggleD0GG
12/09/2023 9:35 am
He/Him • Level 49 : Master Dragon Necromancer
i use java for the controls and ability to change more in the game :)
Smile17
12/09/2023 9:57 am
Thanks for your comment. I am really happy to see that someone saw me. You are cool bro. How did you got Level 45?
GoggleD0GG
12/09/2023 10:18 am
i post a lot on the forums (as far as replying goes) and i also do fun games on the forums!! i obviously post skins and maps, too. you can find my best examples for forum games, skins, and maps here!!
Smile17
12/09/2023 10:54 am
Thanks bro. Do you want to be my friend?
GoggleD0GG
12/09/2023 10:56 am
sure man, you got discord?
Smile17
12/09/2023 11:01 am
I dont know
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com