Who Wants to Suggest Easter Eggs for my Mod?

ExtremeGames's Avatar ExtremeGames1/2/24 2:56 pm
10 emeralds 335 24
1/24/2024 8:57 am
ExtremeGames's Avatar ExtremeGames
So, I'm working on quite a large mod. Not gonna lie, my main goal with it is to drive people crazy, myself included. One of the ways I plan on doing this is by adding so many Easter Eggs that people will be looking in totally ridiculous places to find them. Unfortunately, I have very little frame of reference for what people will get what what they won't. Thus, I ask you to post your recommendations for Easter Eggs in the comments, and leave a review of the state of my soul in the poll down below. Thank you, and have a wonderful time!

Poll ended 02/13/2024 2:56 pm.

ExtremeGames
Level 35 : Artisan Vampire

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ScotsMiser
01/23/2024 10:58 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
history
Bit of a more pop-culture one:

Nametagging an ocelot with "Calvin" causes it to display a Hobbs skin* as well as setting its Trusting flag to true (if not already so).
[​I thought using Hobbs as the name tage was a bit simplistic.]

I've not thought through breeding Hobbs ocelots.... maybe the kit tales its skin from a randomly selected parent….

*My attempt at this is here: Hobbs as an ocelot

EDIT: I've realized that this offers a fish-free means of converting ocelots to 'trusting', but don't think this is likely to be exploited.
ExtremeGames
01/24/2024 8:57 am
I love that strip! Super funny. Yeah, it's just easier to get the fish than a nametag. Unless you find it in a dungeon or something, just fish for a bit.
Panda_sleepy-octoling
01/15/2024 2:03 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Button Pusher
history
any AHIT (a hat in time) reference would be funny
like, maybe you have a rare chance to encounter snatcher/ subcon forest?
traincrisis
01/12/2024 4:19 am
Level 34 : Artisan Engineer
Idea: Traincrisis minecart easter egg
stagbuster
01/11/2024 7:28 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Artist
The sassori parable
ExtremeGames
01/12/2024 3:37 am
Not sure if my building skills are good enough for something that big, but I can try!
Panda Gocarts3
01/09/2024 9:45 am
Level 37 : Artisan Pyro
GIGA MONTY!
ExtremeGames
01/09/2024 9:49 am
HA! You must have forgotten the better glitch, TIMEKEEPER MOON!!!
Panda Gocarts3
01/09/2024 10:06 am
Level 37 : Artisan Pyro
I'll photoshop TVA moon sometime later
Frwf
01/09/2024 3:32 am
Level 42 : Master Artist
You can find a chest with god armour inside of one of the end crystal towers, so people will have to mine hundreds of blocks of obsidian in some situations, surely this drives people crazy...
ScotsMiser
01/09/2024 1:48 am
A couple of other ideas:

Sheep that spawn in a flower forest biome have a small chance of spawning with golden fleeces [1.5%? 'stealing' 0.5% from each of Black, Gray, & Light Grey] and drop gold nuggets instead of wool.
  Option A} gold sheep are sterile [This option might encourage passive mob farming.]
  Option B} gold sheep breed, but lambs are always the color of the non-gold parent. (Two gold parents required to get a gold lamb)

Having a mob named Ulysses [and/or Odysseus] in a boat changes the boat's texture to stone. (No effect other than cosmetic and is removed when the mob is no longer aboard.)

Nametagging a witch Circe enables the renamed witch to turn villagers into swine. [A Circe-witch throws only a slpash potion of transformation.]
[Possibly also illagers as this would allow renaming to encourage 'friendly-fire' incidents in a raid.]

Any guesses as to my recent reading material…
ExtremeGames
01/09/2024 9:42 am
Maybe you were reading Dante's "Divine Comedy?" XD.
itzbuzb
01/08/2024 7:32 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman uwu
Whenever a cat sits on one of your chests at midnight the cat will stuff itself into the chest as an item you can hold
works like a spawn egg
ExtremeGames
01/08/2024 10:29 pm
Heh, I could see that working. It's not like people are going to know until it actually happens anyway... By midnight do you mean OUR midnight or MINECRAFT midnight?
itzbuzb
01/11/2024 6:18 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman uwu
minecraft midnight
Caterkiller Studio
01/08/2024 6:07 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Artist
history
1. Give sniffers a rare chance to dig up old seeds which grow into old wheat which can be made into old bread. When you eat the bread it restores 5 health points (2 and a half hearts).

2. If you continue development during and for 1.21, make armadillos turn red when renamed “Mighty”.

3. When piglins spawn in warped forests (bastions can generate in warped forests so it’s survival friendly) give them a more pale skin color (like the horde of the spore from legends).

4. Renaming zombified Piglins “Thx Xaphobia” makes them look like zombie pigmen.
ExtremeGames
01/08/2024 6:50 pm
Interesting. These seem more like cool texture tweaks, but I might be able to get on some of those.
Caterkiller Studio
01/08/2024 6:59 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Artist
history
I had trouble thinking of other things to add. I’ll inform you if I come up with something else.
ExtremeGames
01/08/2024 7:10 pm
Thanks!
ScotsMiser
01/02/2024 9:34 pm
history
Adding Easter Eggs to programming is a time honored tradition but also has a long and storied history of issues involving disconnect between actual and intended audiance (the problem with adding 'eggs' people will 'get').

Case in point 'Johnny vindicators' — for most people my age (down to maybe 20 years younger) The Shining was sufficiently iconic that the reference was likely to be understood; how many of the millenials 'got' this without prompting is open to question.

Given that you're producing MC content, 'eggs' making reference to prior MC versions may produce the most 'hits'….

Even so, whether a farm with promimnent signage reading
Do NOT
Sneak
Walk
Jump on Farmland

would be understood (much less appreciated).

Similarly, loading a dropper with the 5 planks and a shovel pattern needed to craft a boat during some of the old snapshots might well not be recognized.

A constructed MC-'fossile' of two human feet with a sign "Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!" may or may not be understood (Knowledge of Shelley's "Ozymandias" varying with age and education ).
[​The same might be said of a gorilla statue in a room full of barrels.]

Interesting idea in any case 🍻
ExtremeGames
01/02/2024 10:22 pm
Good point, and I'm sure that poor students wanting to get away from historical documents for a while won't expect Ozymandias to hit them... >;)
Darkfap
01/02/2024 7:10 pm
Level 44 : Master Procrastinator
A small Kirby plush!
ExtremeGames
01/02/2024 10:23 pm
Interesting... You mean like something terrifying, or something that is insanely well hidden?
Darkfap
01/08/2024 7:24 pm
Level 44 : Master Procrastinator
Either one I guess, though the well hidden one would be better.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome