What do you classify as a successful publish?

PulseBlockGamer's Avatar PulseBlockGamer11/7/23 12:55 pm
4 emeralds 235 7
12/10/2023 3:30 pm
PulseBlockGamer's Avatar PulseBlockGamer
How many downloads or views do you classify as being a successful texture pack, skin, mod, ect?

Poll ended 11/14/2023 12:55 pm.

PulseBlockGamer
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Ghast Rider

Create an account or sign in to comment.

PulseBlockGamer
11/15/2023 7:52 pm
1K views or downloads wins!
PsioPsia001
11/09/2023 1:36 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Ranger
I don't check downloads and views, I care about diamonds
ScotsMiser
11/07/2023 1:36 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
history
Other than the writers' homily about your sale counts when the check clears, I think the basic definition is did publishing accomplish what the creator wanted.

Some things may be published with the intent of reaching a 'mass market', while others may be intended for specific small niches (down to something like a skin published in response to a single user's request).

Even where the intent is wide distribution, the standard will vary (even for a specific author) by catagory.

[​I also don't think views is a particularly useful metric as this may be driven more by how intriguing are the title and associated graphic.]

There is also an issue that I often diamond something (particularly builds) because the presentation shows skill and effort, even when I have no interest in downloading and installing the material [​whether due to version incompatibility or a simple difference in taste].

An interesting question nonetheless….
ICE_CUBES
11/07/2023 1:11 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
I have only made one texture pack, It was kinda for myself because I wanted to make scaffolding look better, but decided to share it since I had made it anyway. It has almost 800 views, but considering I didn't put a ton of time into (besides figuring out how to make it) I'd consider that pretty successful lol
PulseBlockGamer
11/07/2023 1:54 pm
nice! I'd say that's doing really good for being your first pack!
ICE_CUBES
11/07/2023 1:12 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
(I just updated the pack btw)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome