Which is better, Java Edition or Bedrock Edition? Part One (Please read this first before going to the comments)

PreClassicAlpha's Avatar PreClassicAlpha6/13/23 10:08 pm history
8/21/2023 11:00 pm
OrderWithoutBorders's Avatar OrderWithoutBorders
Which do you think is better, Bedrock or Java? What Edition should you play for the most optimized Minecraft experience? This is part one of a series of forums to see if which is better, Java or Bedrock. This series also has a little bit of research done, and the information is from the Minecraft Wiki, a trustworthy wiki for info about Minecraft. Also I put this forum here because I don't know where else to put it. One more quick thing, to see which edition is better, I am using points. With that being said, let's begin.

Section One: Accessibility

One major thing that with Bedrock that Java does not have is that Bedrock is a multi-platform edition, meaning that Bedrock can be played on different platforms. On the other hand, Java can only be played on computers, so that is one point for Bedrock. Bedrock is also five dollars cheaper than Java, in which if you were to buy Bedrock, but don't b
Buy Java, you will be saving five dollars. Five dollars isn't a lot, but you could use those five dollars on something that you could use in real life, like food. So another point for Bedrock. Bedrock also has a marketplace where you could very easily buy and download content from other people in the Minecraft Community, when Java does not have a marketplace, meaning you have to go on a browser or get onto a app you have to get content from other people from the Minecraft Community. So that is also another point for bedrock. Also Bedrock has featured servers, in which you will most likely have a ton of fun on. But Java does not have featured servers. So that is another point for Bedrock.

Section Two: Gameplay

Let's move on to Gameplay! Gameplay is a major aspect of what Minecraft is today. One major thing of the bat about Bedrock is that Bedrock is buggier than Java, so that is a major point for Java. Also Bedrock has baby squids and baby glow squids, in which Java does not have, so that is a one more point for Bedrock. But Java allows you to mark places on a map using banners, but Bedrock does not have that feature. So that is a point for Java. Also, in Bedrock, you can put dye in cauldrons and make custom colors and even dye leather armor and leather horse armor on the cauldron, but with Java, that is not the case. Another point for Bedrock. Also in Bedrock, you can use Fire Aspect to light campfires, candles, and TNT, in which for Java, that is not a feature. One more point for Bedrock. Also Bedrock has more commands than Java, like /setmaxplayers. I bet the Java only players have never even heard of the command /setmaxplayers, because it is not a thing in Java. So Bedrock having more commands than Java is another point for Bedrock.

Section Three: Graphics

Right off the bat with Graphics is that some parts of mobs glow in Bedrock, but not in Java. The mobs included on a small list I made are drowned in which have glowing eyes and a glowing mouth the core of a magma cube, and the eyes of a ghast, in which I didn't know these facts in-till I read them on the Minecraft Wiki, but those three combined give Bedrock three points. Also blocks and items that glow will give of a better glow effect if it were in the Bedrock inventory than if were in Java, so another point for Bedrock, again. Also some of Bedrock's graphics are better than Java's graphics, but some of Java's graphics are better than some of Bedrock's graphics, so Java and Bedrock are both getting a point for that one.

Section Four: The Final Scores

So, with all the points, let's reveal which edition got the most points.

Bedrock has ether twelve or thirteen points, when Java has three points. And that is why doing research instead of starting a entire debate, because doing research is better.
PreClassicAlpha
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

OrderWithoutBorders
08/21/2023 11:00 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
Java has better movement feel on PC and that outdoes any bedrock-exclusive features because I don't want to feel sick while playing.
Heavy_Weapons_Guy_From_TF2
08/21/2023 10:00 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Warrior
I'm kinda biased towards Bedrock Edition cuz it's what I play
PreClassicAlpha
08/21/2023 10:29 pm
Okay.
Team UNNAMED
08/07/2023 11:18 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Creeper
from a player count & feature perspective Bedrock wins
from a mod and resource pack perspective Java wins
PreClassicAlpha
08/08/2023 12:03 pm
Yup!
BlueBoyBuilds
08/07/2023 11:08 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blueberry
This is a good and well thought out argument!
Yes, with Bedrock you can cross-platform and such, giving you a wider access of players, however, I still prefer java edition for a lot of its exclusive servers, as well as the more complex form of combat. :)
PreClassicAlpha
Yup, yup.
anonpmc4592387
08/07/2023 10:48 pm
Level 23 : Expert Miner
[deleted]
PreClassicAlpha
It depends on what you like to do in Minecraft, but your opinions are your opinions.
DinoWattz
08/07/2023 9:32 pm
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
WHAT IF I PREFER MINECRAFT DUNGEONS INSTE-
PreClassicAlpha
08/08/2023 12:01 pm
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
PreClassicAlpha
06/20/2023 9:20 pm
Why do people just leave their thoughts without reading the thing to see what it is about? It's okay to leave your thoughts in the comments in a forum or a video, but please see what it is about first.
ShyStuff
06/16/2023 9:54 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior
Java is 100% better than Bedrock. First of all, Java receives updates faster than Bedrock. Also, Bedrock is super buggy as seen on the many forums from the complaints. Also, almost all Bedrock skins cost money whereas Java skins are free. Java also has accessibility to mods and data packs for free, whereas Bedrock has to pay to get mod packs. This backs up how Java is the superior version.
itzbuzb
06/15/2023 7:05 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman uwu
Also, keep in mind that there are tools like the CurseForge app, which allows it to auto install.
itzbuzb
06/15/2023 7:02 pm
Java is the best. Bedrock is buggy, Java is smooth. Java content is free, Bedrock skins cost the game itself. (I'm looking at you, Anime Legends, with only 10 skins that I could make in a day.) Java is easier to mod, I have trouble even finding the FOLDER for Bedrock. Java has Optifine, Bedrock makes you get a whole new PC part to have shaders. Java's base graphics look way better, while Bedrock looks like a school project. Java is the original, Bedrock is solely existing on PC just to get people's money. Java is easier to use commands with, but it's a struggle just to summon a rabbit in Bedrock. Bedrock may have integrated servers, but Java has high quality servers (like Hypixel) and way more of them. Java has more balanced PVP, while Bedrock has you swinging your sword around like you're having a seizure. I also do not mean to be mean or anything like that, but all of the details put out for Bedrock on your post were really just little details, like "mobs glowing". If you are looking to buy Minecraft, I suggest just getting it on your computer and if you really wanna save 5$, just download bedrock and get Java for free. I have been playing Minecraft for 3/4 of my life, most of it playing Bedrock, but if you look at the bigger details, Java truly is the way to go.
PreClassicAlpha
06/20/2023 9:17 pm
PipperBee, did you read the other comments and the five paragraphs? Please read those.
itzbuzb
06/21/2023 2:02 pm
I did read all the paragraphs, and all the comments. I do also note that computers have the Internet and that files are easy to access with the computer using Windows File Explorer, or whatever Macs and whatnot have. And if you are going to make that claim about "saving $5", also take in consideration and don't forget that whole idea while talking about the Marketplace. I have to pay $6 just to get access to some jail mine minigame, while I can also just use the Internet and not have to pay for a thing while on Java. And if you do truly think that mobs glowing is just that good, you can download a texture pack from this same exact website and get that nice glow on basically everything, not just a few mobs. I feel like this is a desperate attempt to get people to play Bedrock, while not really seeing for yourself how much smoother Java is. I recommend downloading Optifine, maybe a couple shaders and see for yourself. And maybe try to use the Curseforge app.
itzbuzb
06/21/2023 2:03 pm
And please, do a little more research than looking at facts on the Minecraft Wiki. And, again, try Java out for yourself.
PreClassicAlpha
06/21/2023 8:26 pm
PipperBee, you are right!
PreClassicAlpha
06/21/2023 9:14 pm
You are really right about Java being better!
mm teapot
06/15/2023 4:06 pm
Level 29 : Expert Cupcake
I honestly like Java better because it's just more fun, for me. I don't really have a good reason why I like Java better, I just do.
RumblingPrawn11
06/14/2023 5:22 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
I play both editions and think they are both good for different reasons. Java is good for modding, while Bedrock is good for multiplayer because more people have bedrock and it is cross platform.
PreClassicAlpha
06/15/2023 1:04 pm
Yup, That is true!
Useott
06/14/2023 5:15 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Modder
Both are equally good. Bedrock is more optimized, Java has modding support superior to Bedrock, Bedrock is available on multiple devices, Java AND Bedrock can do cool things with resource packs, and both sides shouldn't try to enter this "war".

Yes i read all the paragraphs
PreClassicAlpha
06/15/2023 1:04 pm
Now that that I think of it, that is true!
Yenlon
06/14/2023 1:40 pm
Level 26 : Expert Artist
The modding community. This is my sole reason why I play on Java instead of Bedrock.
PreClassicAlpha
06/14/2023 4:54 pm
Whoever reads this forum must read all the text I typed in to understand. Don't just think what you think this forum is and write you opinion here, read and look at the five paragraphs I typed, that will make you understand.
PreClassicAlpha
06/14/2023 4:23 pm
Nevermind, I'll edit it Because I want to.
PreClassicAlpha
06/14/2023 4:22 pm
Can you please read the five paragraphs I typed, I don't think you read the five paragraphs. You will understand once you read the five paragraphs.
Yenlon
06/15/2023 6:11 pm
Level 26 : Expert Artist
Still Java.
PreClassicAlpha
06/14/2023 1:08 pm
Also please share this post.
PreClassicAlpha
06/13/2023 10:08 pm
Any comments?